The Carbon Management Policy of Aeroporto Valerio Catullo di Verona Villafranca S.p.A.
Over the past few years, the company Aeroporto Valerio Catullo has embarked on a path for reducing its atmospheric CO2 emissions, by taking measures to reduce its energy consumption and by joining the Airport Carbon Accreditation Level 2 project (Reduction), which comprises a determination of the company’s Carbon Footprint and an atmospheric emission control and reduction programme.
In particular, the activities carried out by Catullo to reduce its Carbon Footprint can be divided into management activities, which have virtually no cost at all, and technological activities, which require the use of various amounts of financial resources.
Over the next few years, Catullo intends to continue the activities that it has already carried out to reduce its CO2 emissions, by pursing the following objectives:
- Performance of operations aimed at reducing its energy consumption through the use of increasingly advanced technologies;
- Installation of high-efficiency systems for combined cooling, heating and power production and for the production of energy from renewable sources;
- Promotion of virtuous behaviour on the airport premises with a view to reducing energy consumption;
- 100% of electricity supply from renewable sources;
- 20% reduction of climate changing emissions per passenger by 2020.
With this in mind, in performing the operations involved in developing the airport’s infrastructure, Catullo has set itself the objective of using technologies that ensure an ever-increasing reduction of the overall energy consumption of the infrastructure, in view of the forecast expansion of its activities, by optimizing the use of the existing systems, adopting high-efficiency technologies and taking energy from renewable sources.
The main objective will therefore be to minimize the impact of the airport’s activities or, to be more precise, the infrastructure under Catullo’s control, on the environment and, in particular, on the climate.
|TOTAL ton of CO2||5.214||4.313||3.495||3.713||3.816||3.676||3.701||3.731||3.395|
|Emissions kg CO2/total passengers per year||1,63||1,59||1,26||1,43||1,36||1,19||1,07||1,20||0,93|