The Carbon Management Policy of Aeroporto Valerio Catullo di Verona Villafranca S.p.A.
The company Aeroporto Valerio Catullo has started a process of progressive reduction of its CO2 emissions with the aim of making the airport activity more sustainable, reducing its carbon footprint and joining the Airport Carbon Accreditation program.
The activities implemented to improve its Carbon Footprint are both managerial and technological. Over the next few years, Catullo intends to continue the activities that it has already carried out to reduce its CO2 emissions, by pursing the following objectives:
- 30% reduction in CO2 emissions per passenger by 2030 compared to 2012;
- Performance of operations aimed at reducing its energy consumption through the use of increasingly advanced technologies;
- 100% of electricity supply from renewable sources;
- Promotion, support and incentive of virtuous behaviors aimed at energy saving and sustainability by employees, suppliers, passengers and airport operators;
- Control of indirect emissions extended to main airport stakeholders (known as Scope 3)
|TOTAL ton of CO2||5.214||4.313||3.495||3.713||3.816||3.676||3.701||3.731||3.395|
|Emissions kg CO2/total passengers per year||1,63||1,59||1,26||1,43||1,36||1,19||1,07||1,20||0,93|