Please observe the rules to ensure the security of all Airport users and to avoid unnecessary delays for yourself and other passengers. For further information check the ENAC website.
Going through security
- Makes the control of the boarding pass resting it with the bar code facing down on the player of the electronic turnstiles for access control.
- Place your hand baggage on the X-ray conveyor after removing your laptop computer or tablet and all liquids.
- Place coats and any personal items (mobile phone, wallet, electronic devices, belt, etc.) in the trays provided.We recommend that you place fragile and delicate items such as, for example, eyeglasses and watches inside your hand luggage;
- Place valuables and cash in the tray in such a way that they are not readily visible to those ahead or following you in line (e.g., by putting them in a jacket pocket, purse, or carry-on). Try as much as possible to maintain eye contact with the tray. Remember that Security officers do not take over items you have placed in the tray and cannot identify which passenger has used a particular tray;
- Walk through the metal detector and cooperate with security personnel if they ask to search you.
- Security personnel may ask you to remove items of clothing (e.g. shoes) and manually inspect hand baggage.
- Inform security personnel if you have a protrhesis or pacemaker before security check
- In the event of material damage at the security checkpoints, the passenger must immediately notify the personnel on duty before leaving the area used for checks; otherwise, requests for reimbursement for damage to personal items and/or luggage will not be considered.
How to speed up Police border control
If you are 14 years old and an European Union citizen, we recommend that you always travel with your biometric passport.You can have your documents checked, at the e-Gates, for direct flights, or for flights from countries outside the European Union.
Verona Airport has invested in this new technology to make your queueing time much shorter! Thank you.
Security screening of liquids, aerosols and gels
Remove liquids, aerosols and gels from your hand baggage before arriving at security. Remember that:
- Containers of more than 100 ml are not permitted: the maximum capacity must be indicated on the container at the time of manufacture (not, of course, handmade later). The container will not be accepted if the indication is missing and therefore it is not possible to verify that the maximum capacity does not exceed the permitted capacity.
- The containers must be packed in a single transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of maximum dimensions 18 x 23 cm.
The only exceptions are for:
- Liquid medicines
- Baby food (when travelling with a baby)
- Liquids purchased at duty free shops
However, these liquids must always be separated from hand luggage.
To learn more, visit the "Baggage Policy" section
If you are carrying any prohibited items or liquids exceeding the permitted quantities, you will have to leave them at the airport. Under no circumstances will check-in desk personnel or security personnel look after these items for you.