Verona, 26th October 2007 – British Airways “Online boarding pass” is available starting from today for all passengers flying from Verona airport Valerio Catullo. The new initiative allows customers to print their own boarding pass with an ordinary printer before arriving to airport and then go straight to the boarding gate avoiding any check-in queue.
Within the last 24 hours and until one hour prior to departure, passengers can check-in online from section “Manage My Booking” on www.ba.com and print their boarding pass on plain white A4 paper. The service is also available for travellers who have bags to check: they just have to tell how many bags they have during online check-in and proceed straight to the Bag drop desks at the airport with their boarding pass.
The service was firstly introduced in May 2005 at Milano Linate and Malpensa and at Roma Fiumicino. Thanks to the authorisation received from Airport Authorities and ENA, British Airways has now made the service available also for Verona airport Valerio Catullo.
A constant growing trend has been registered since its first introduction in 2005 and today almost 25% of passengers making online check-in are also using their Online boarding pass.
“Air transport is undergoing rapid and deep transformations” commented Claudio Boccardo, General Director of Verona airport. “We are happy that a middle size airport like Verona can offer new passenger services and make air travelling smoother and easier”.
This new service completes the wide range of online services available in Italy on British Airways website. All passengers can make their flight selection and manage all airport formalities online. Few easy steps allow to book a flight and buy an e-ticket, check-in online, choose a seat and print the boarding pass. This document contains all booking details, together with boarding limit time and allocate seat. Furthermore, it includes a special barcode, which will be scanned by airport security staff. The technology that is being used means that the security staff can check off rapidly and unmistakably the validity of travelling documents and allow access to the gate by simply checking travellers ID.
From ba.com web site all passengers can now:
For further information about British Airways services and products: www.ba.com
- select and book their flight
- choose the best available fares
- buy an upgrade to a higher travelling class
- manage their booking online before departure, making modifications (if necessary and according to fares restrictions applying), making meal requests according to their needs and provide passport and other details APIS (necessary when travelling to some countries, such as USA)
- print the e-ticket receipt
- check-in online from 24 hours to 1 hour prior to departure
- give details of baggage to check and, if necessary, pay the extra charge with a special 20% discount for online payment
- choose their seat from the interactive map
- print their boarding pass on plain white A4 paper