carbon accreditation
facebook enac


The Verona Airport advises travellers to verify the documents required for their journeys with their Airlines, Tour Operators or Travel Agents.

Identity documents

An identity document must always be presented in order to board any flight.

Identity Cards

The European Countries adhering to the Schengen agreement allow for free circulation within their borders. A valid identity card, valid also for travel abroad, is required for entry into all other EU countries. Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey will only accept European Identity Cards for trips organized by Tour Operators. Egypt will not accept Identity Cards with an extension of validity stamped on the back of the card.


An Italian passport allows the holder to enter all countries worldwide whose governments are recognized by the Italian government, some of which may or may not require an entry visa. Italian passports are valid for ten years, but in some cases may be issued with a validity of lesser duration. The revenue stamp is no longer required if the passport is being used to travel to an EU country (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta , the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary).

As of 26 June 2012, all travelling Italian minors must have their own travel documents. Therefore, as of the date indicated above, all minors, even if registered on their parents' passports prior to 25 November 2009, must be in possession of their own passport or identity card valid for travel abroad (if accepted by the country of destination).

For the United States of America

As of 26 October 2004, the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) entered into force, which allows visitors to enter the country without a visa under the following conditions: In order to gain entry into the United States, the visitor:
• must be in possession of an ELECTRONIC SYSTEM TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (ESTA), which can be obtained from the website
• must have a machine-readable passport
• must be travelling for purposes of business or pleasure
• must have a non-refundable round-trip ticket to the United States (or onward travel to a country not bordering on the United States)
• must be staying no longer than 90 days These rules apply to everyone, including children and infants. Machine-readable passports are read by a scanner. As all Italian passports issued after 15 April 1998 comply with this requirement, you can simply check the date upon which your passport was issued.

If your passport is not machine-readable, you will be required to apply for a visa.

As of 26 October 2005, all Italian citizens travelling to the United States on the Visa Waiver Program must be in possession of a "biometric passport", or rather a new type of unforgeable electronic passport, whose chip contains the fingerprints and digital photograph of the passport's holder. Italy has been issuing this type of passport since September of 2005. As Italy is listed as one of the program's 27 so-called "friend" countries, Italian citizens are still allowed to enter the United States with a machine-readable passport, however they will be required:
• to be fingerprinted
• to be photographed Countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program include: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.

Health documents

Certain countries require obligatory vaccinations and special preventive measures: for updated information on the relative destinations and requirements, please visit the "viaggiare sicuri" website managed by Ministero degli Affari Esteri